SOLUTIONS TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
Welcome to The Hartford
Human Achievement Is at the Heart of What We Do
Yes, we’re an insurance company – but we’re also human beings. And we believe that people are capable of achieving amazing things with the right encouragement and support. We put this belief into action by not only ensuring individuals and businesses are well protected, but by making an impact in ways that go beyond an insurance policy.
California Business Insurance Coverage
Business Owner Policy
- General liability insurance
- Commercial property insurance
- Business income insurance
- Could get sued for causing injuries or property damage to a third party
- Has a rented or owned physical location
- Uses physical or digital property that can get broken or stolen
Commercial General Liability
- You accidentally damage a customer’s property while on the job
- A customer slips and falls and gets injured at your business
- Your business gets sued for slanderous comments you made about a competitor in an interview
Commercial property insurance helps protect the owned or rented building you operate out of, as well as the equipment used to run your business. If your business’ building or property gets damaged, this insurance can help cover the repair and replacement costs.
General liability insurance isn’t typically required for businesses in California, but be aware that the state doesn’t put a cap on liability lawsuit rewards. So, it makes sense to protect your business from potentially devastating costs of a large liability claim. A good rule of thumb is to get a minimum of $1 million in liability coverage, or at least an amount equal to the total value of your assets.
- Owns, rents or leases cars or trucks
- Has employees driving their own vehicles for business-related activities
- Allows employees to drive company-owned vehicles
Mistakes happen on the job all the time. When they do, they have the potential to shut down your small business. If a mistake causes your customer financial harm, they can sue you. Professional liability insurance helps protect your business if you make a mistake in the professional services you provide which causes a customer financial harm. This coverage can help pay for your legal defense costs and settlements or judgments.
- Pay for medical expenses
- Cover ongoing care costs
- Replace lost wages
- Falls on the ice while walking into the office and has to spend time away from work to recover
- Injures their back while lifting a box in the workplace and has to go to the doctor for treatment, medication and physical therapy
- Gets hurt in a car accident while driving to make a delivery
The Hartford Commercial Industries Covered
For more information about The Hartford Small Business Insurance Products and Solutions call us at 661-977-3332.
The Hartford Videos